The 6th edition of the Pan-African CEO forum is taking place in Cape Town from the 15th to the 17th of May for the Power and the Water sectors.
The platform is divided between the Power Forum and the Water forum, with interpretation available for French Speaking participants. We expect approximately 40 Utility CEOs from at least 30 African countries to attend.
The agenda is entirely drafted according to the needs and wishes of the Utility CEOs.
In the 2018’s agenda, the main topics will be:
Power programme: strategizing and preparing for financial viability; adapting to changing energy markets and regulatory issues; Optimizing and enabling renewable energy; Reducing technical losses and theft; Adopting new technologies, Resilient & smart grid architecture; Thinking strategically about revenue collection.
Water programme: the use of technologies in adapting to climate change and the growing demand; drivers of Water Utilities Performance in Africa; alternative models and revenue generation opportunities; Improving the water coverage with successful models; being innovative and strategic about revenue collection and customer performance.
Confirmed CEOs for African Utility Week to date:
- Tumelo Gopane, CEO, East Rand Water Care, South Africa
- Samuel Bangura, CEO, SALWACO, Sierra Leone
- Representing the CEO Peter Bhembe: Susan Nkumane, Finance Director, Swaziland Water Services Corporation, Swaziland
- Munyaradzi Munodawafa, CEO, Zambezi River Authority, Zambia
- Moseray Momoh, Acting Managing Director, Liberia Water & Sewer Corporation, Liberia
- Limakatso Moorosi, CEO, Bloemwater , South Africa
- Mmetla Masire, CEO, Water Utilities Corporation, Botswana
- Lehlohonolo Manamolela, CEO, Water and Sewerage Company, Lesotho
- Adeoye Fadeyibi, CEO of EKO - Electricity Distribution Company , Nigeria
- Jonathan Amoako-Baah, CEO of GridCo, Ghana
- Lerato Setshedi, CEO of City Power, South Africa
- Stefan Schwarzfischer, CEO of Botswana Power Corporation, Botswana
- Johnny Dladla, CEO of Eskom Enterprises, South Africa
- Fessor Mbango, CEO of ErongoRed, Namibia
- Beck Awan Deng, CEO of South Sudan Electricity Corporation, South Sudan
- Julian Masanga Chinembiri, Zimbabwe Electricity Transmission and Distribution Company, Zimbabwe
- William Willoughby Liabunya, Electricity Generation Company, Malawi
- François De Salle Ouedraogo, CEO of Société Nationale d'Electricité du Burkina Faso (SONABEL), Burkina Faso
- Representing the CEO of Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, Nigeria: Ameen Shakur, General Manager (Nasarawa region) and Yahaya Mohammed Jere, General Manager (Niger region).
- Willy Kiryahika, CEO of Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited, Uganda
- Mouhamadou Makhtar Cisse, CEO of SENELEC, Senegal
- Dr Allexon Chiwaya, CEO of Escom, Malawi
- Dr. Mateus Magala, CEO of Electricidade de Moçambique, Mozambique
- Mongezi Ntsokolo, Group Executive for Distribution, Eskom
- Phakamani Hadebe, Interim CEO, Eskom